Thursday, May 23, 2013

Moving to Harrisburg

I suppose that there should be a quote here about new horizons, or the lust for adventure, or important life decisions.

In a time such as this, I am reminded of the Teddy Roosevelt quote that I first heard when I was a boy scout: “Something something challenges, something something overcome, something something spirit of man.”

You know, something like that.

In any case, we, being the 2 primary subjects of this blog, are taking our lives to Harrisburg, PA. This is something that, 2 years ago, 5 years ago, or any other number of years ago, I would not have been able to imagine. It is both exciting and nerve-wracking in a number of ways: exciting in that my life will be more laid back and idealistic-leaning, nerve-wracking in that I’m pretty much starting over with friends and surroundings and all that social jargon.

So I threw the cotton sack over my shoulder, and boldly took the first step. I bet you’re wondering how we got to this point. Well, sit back and I’ll tell you!

I ask, what is in Harrisburg?

Tripadvisor ranks the activities in Harrisburg as follows…

No, silly imagined sarcastic alter-ego! I mean what is the path that lies before me? Maybe that’s too Teddy Roosevelt; let me rephrase.

Where will I hang my saddle by the time that calf is a cow? No, no....   Train is leavin’ station, and well, I need to be gettin’ on my ways to goin’…. No.

Time will tell. Cliché unavoidable.

No comments:

Post a Comment