Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A Thought on Business Stuff

A casual review, I should say.

Fed Officials Split Over End of Bond Buying

^ While I'm not a fan of the political leanings of the NY Times, it's a good article.


According to the Minutes, the floor of quantitiative easing is to continue.  When that will end is hard to say, and will be judged on a very complex set of factors, I'm sure.

What does that say to folks like me, with a casual but vested interest in the future of America's economy?  Slow growth due to a lack of risk-taking, but less risk of a new financial crisis.  Of course, this is elementary to those in finance.

The big picture, in a nutshell.  In my opinion, the economy is becoming reflective of greater society.  That is, there is a sense of entitlement instead of a spirit of ambition.  Growth and success should be a given, not something that needs to be worked for.  Why else would we continue with this program, in the midst of the greatest debt ever known to man? 

I hope that somwehere in the bowels of the Capitol building, there is someone who knows the end game.

^Melodrama is such a weak way to evoke a reaction

No comments:

Post a Comment